listening: berceuse de fraise, andrew lumapas
The Letter Project #3 - Write a letter to your parents.
Dear Pappy and Malm,
I am unabashed in my expressions of love and respect for you two, mostly because you have always done the same for me. I know people who have grown up hating their parents, or in environments where they weren't loved and supported and disciplined and...grown, for the lack of a better phrase; and I am so blessed that that concept is unfathomable to me. I have been fortunate enough to grow up in a household with two incredible role models - for how to do an (eventual, obvs) marriage, for how to parent any eventual sprogs I may pop out, for so many other things. And I am also fortunate enough to not only love and respect you as traditional role-modelly parents but also as people whose company I enjoy and around whom I can be myself. I do not know anyone else who has a relationship like I do with my parents, but I am glad that I do.
The two of you have been my absolute rocks for the past year, and I am so grateful and often so relieved that I can count on you all the time. You have taught me so many important skills and have let me exercise them, and I appreciate that more than you know. I love you guys a tremendous amount.
Affectionately,
Squeechen-Walnut-Rae-rae-Raymond-Shabazz Lemke





0 comments:
Post a Comment