Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Monday, September 6, 2010

falling slowly, eyes that know me

Posted by rachel shea

listening - glen hansard and marketa irglova, falling slowly


I am absolutely wrecked from talking up Music is a Weapon at the University of Alberta Clubs Fair all day today. Savannah - the president of the University of Alberta branch - and I, in addition to the guy who co-founded the group at Grant Mac a couple years ago, spent the day (or in my case, the majority of the day) packed into the Butterdome between the University of Alberta Outdoor Club and a club for Asians on campus. We had a great time - drumming up interest in the club and working on raffling off the bass that Savannah had signed by the Trews. We were interviewed for the University Television group, we ate a lot of Chinese candy from the booth next door, Savannah took one for the team and waited in a forty-five minute Subway line, we made eighty-two dollars in raffle tickets and got over a hundred names on our email list, and we managed to take all our booth accoutrements home on the bus in one trip. A good day.
I am trying to decide if I have time this week to learn an audition song for the University of Alberta Mixed Chorus. It is really nice having my piano back, at any rate. I am learning about twenty-five new songs at the moment. That's the plan for the night. That, and early to bed. New job tomorrow!

-rae

0 comments:

Post a Comment