Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Sunday, September 11, 2011

let the only sound be the overflow, pockets full of stones

Posted by rachel shea

listening: florence and the machine, what the water gave me


Where I am supposed to be: Out pounding the streets of McKernan-Belgravia, enumeratin' for Elections Alberta all the live-long day.
Where I actually am: In my living room with a hot mug of peppermint tea wedged between my leg and the couch, watching House Hunters International and surveying the windy, rainy landscape before me. I don't think I'm enumerating today. (I did finally finish the first round yesterday - a little behind schedule. I am now more behind schedule). It's an odd day because it's fairly bright, but it's definitely raining and the leaves are tumbling and the wind is really blowing. I think I said around this time last year that Edmonton has its own version of the Santa Anas - a wind that blows through at the same time every year. We woke up this morning and it was fall in Edmonton. I am less than thrilled, although I am kind of enjoying my tea-wash my lab coat-watch House Hunters-spend too much time on the Internet day. (On a related note, Craig downloaded Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome for me on his computer and I am going to go over and play it this evening. To be honest, if David is home, I might go over and play it now). I also need to find my new bamboo socks from Costco because this house is cooooold in the autumn.
Craig, Nathaniel and I went to see Contagion in IMAX last night and it was a really fun outing. The movie is not "MUST SEE" but it's definitely worth paying for and seeing it in IMAX, I felt, augmented the experience nicely. My hands were shaking afterwards - the movie is not that long, but it's very intense. Go see it so we can talk about it afterwards and stress out about touching our faces.

-rae


0 comments:

Post a Comment