listening: stars, we don't want your body
The bonus of a dead, rainy day means A Lot of Internet time. I have already planned an imaginary itinerary for a trip around the world and now have decided to blahg for Steph, who seems (rather irrationally) interested in the status of my pulled bum muscle from softball. (For the record: it has recovered nicely, although we have two games in a row next week, so whether I'll be able to walk afterwards is anybody's guess. My problem is that I tend to try to hit EVERYTHING, even if it is clearly out of the strike zone. This problem is compounded by the fact that I can rarely hit anything at all).
Let's see. I promised to describe my new room. I haven't taken any pictures of it yet because I have yet to put up the curtains, but I shall perhaps do that this evening pre-babysitting littles in Sherwood Park.
I now inhabit the room immediately at the top and to the right of our creaky, old, incredibly steep staircase, which is a little oasis under the eaves. My favourite part about it is the fact that I hit my head on the slanted roof if I don't pay attention and that I can hear the rain right over my head as I fall asleep. Its walls are white, and it has one large window and no light fixtures (I get by with my black floor lamp from Ikea).
If you come in the door, this black lamp and my dresser are immediately to the left, tucked under the slanted roof. I plan to paint this dresser purple and yellow this summer - yellow with purple drawers. It boasts some yellow baskets holding sundry hair products and a painting of a lemon which Elliot did for me some years ago. Against the low wall is my black and silver desk and black chair - hung above it are some framed pictures, including another Elliot Cudmore original of a hand holding an ice cream cone. It also has a vase with purple and yellow flowers. On the wall across from the door, next to the window, is my large, full black bookcase. The window will soon have purple sheer and white lace curtains.
The other half of my room is sort of a closet, and also, where my bed is. The room has one long and one short 'closety' area, flanking each side of where I put my new cast-iron-look bed with its grey and white flowered bedspread. I plan to hang more purple curtains over the closety areas to block them off.
That's it! That's my new room. I am also getting a very large black oval picture frame and making a collage to put in it, and hanging more framed photos on the low wall over my desk (framed in black, silver and yellow).
An interior designer I am not, but this has been fun to plan.
-rae
Welcome
- 101 in 1001 (1)
- 5000 question survey (2)
- 53 days (1)
- a little sad (2)
- Adelynn (1)
- adventure (3)
- angry (1)
- anniversary (1)
- anxiety (2)
- autumn (1)
- baby (2)
- Barbados (1)
- bed (1)
- birthday (2)
- blogging (1)
- blogging under duress (2)
- books (1)
- boy (31)
- bridal party (1)
- broken brain (1)
- Calgary (5)
- Canada Day (1)
- car (3)
- chemistry (1)
- Christmas (3)
- church (1)
- cleaning (1)
- coffee (1)
- Coke (1)
- cold (3)
- Craig (1)
- dance (1)
- day by day (1)
- depression (1)
- disjointed (1)
- dog (1)
- domestic insanity (1)
- dummy (1)
- Edmonton (5)
- edumacation (1)
- engagement (1)
- events (1)
- exercise (1)
- fall (6)
- family (37)
- festivals (1)
- food (1)
- friends (48)
- gifts (1)
- gillian (1)
- God (1)
- goodbye (1)
- great head shave (1)
- gym (1)
- hair (1)
- Halifax (2)
- home (1)
- hospital (1)
- house (10)
- housesitting (1)
- illness (5)
- injury (2)
- introduction (1)
- laundry (2)
- lazy (1)
- love (8)
- memories (1)
- MIAW (2)
- Mimsy Peppercorn (1)
- miracle (1)
- Montreal (2)
- moving (10)
- mucous (1)
- music (2)
- music is a weapon (7)
- new room (1)
- nostalgia (1)
- pajama pants (1)
- picking up the pieces (1)
- poetry (2)
- rae (6)
- roommates (2)
- sad (3)
- savannah (4)
- schedule (1)
- school (3)
- sentimental (1)
- shopping (1)
- short blog (1)
- sleep (2)
- snow (1)
- spring (2)
- still a blog (1)
- stress (1)
- summer (9)
- team tiger blood (1)
- THAT BABY (1)
- the letter project (3)
- travel (3)
- twenty (1)
- vacation (6)
- VANCOUVER (3)
- Vegas (1)
- Victoria (1)
- weather (1)
- wedding (1)
- weekend (1)
- whining (1)
- winter (5)
- words (1)
- work (17)
- writing (9)
- year in review (2)
- zumba (2)
Followers
About Me
Powered by Blogger.
Licensed

This work by Rachel S. Lemke is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Friday, July 22, 2011
you tuned into my frequency but that don't mean a thing to me
Posted by rachel shea
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I am eagerly awaiting many, many pictures!
Post a Comment