listening - florence + the machine, cosmic love
There's a brochure sitting on the shelf mocking me every time I get ready for bed. "Map out your career at WJ!"
I can't bring myself to throw it out. I secretly like how angry it's making me.
Because you know what? I should have gotten that job. I would have been so good at it. I am unbelievably tired of smiling and pretending that I did not want it that badly and that I am over not getting it and that I could always try again. I wanted it and I should have gotten it.
It is not generally in my nature to brag, beyond the "it doesn't matter, I'm awesome" masking-the-inferiority-complex-with-a-superiority-complex (or-vice-versa) that I bust out every now and again. But this is not bragging. I would have been so good at this job. I am nearly crying writing this because I am so frustrated.
Aaaand I sound like I'm four. Awesome.
-rae





3 comments:
I agree - you would have been awesome at that job. And, that's not just something I have to say because I'm your mom. You really, really would have. I am sorry that it didn't work out. I love you.
Unleash the fury. Punch a wall, or a Craig if a wall is too hard.
Yes, you would have been very, very good at it. I am sorry for you. But don't give up. Since you really, really want it, keep pestering them. Your day will come....
Post a Comment