listening - oren lavie, her morning elegance
Alrighty then, two weeks since last blog. I have now been sternly spoken to by both Savi and Craig and have thus - somewhat reluctantly - hunkered down on the living room couch to think of something to write.
It's not like it's been an uneventful couple of weeks, I suppose - just ordinary. It hasn't seemed urgent or pressing to chronicle getting sprayed with road slush on Whyte Avenue this morning, or to detail that feeling of a sore throat starting but never coming to the sort of fruition that would allow me to take a day off work. I could talk about several successful and exciting MIAW meetings, but I have a feeling "I'm super excited to work on a newsletter!" is only exciting to me. (For the record, though, I will be crazy-pushing MIAW's website this week on Facebook as soon as Lucas is done writing it and I am done editing it).
I am looking forward to going to Calgary for a couple days this month - I wish I could go for a bit longer, but prior symphonic engagements beckon. I would have loved to (here I will rudely interrupt myself and say that I just laughed really hard at Savannah because I looked over at her and she had her entire head in her hummus container. She then said 'don't blog that') take a new car down there, but it looks like it will in fact be the bus since I don't have a meeting with Maria At CIBC until the 18th. Sigh.
Things are looking up, though - that meeting with Maria should be fruitful in the sense of a 5000$ line of credit, which in turn will lead to the purchase of Winfrey, the 2004 Optra which KO at work is selling me, which in turn will lead to the final demise of Marie-Antoinette and me biting my thumb emphatically at Edmonton Transit Services. (Seriously, screw you, ETS).
Sigh again. Hopefully something exciting and positive happens in the next couple days and there will be more words here again.
-rae





0 comments:
Post a Comment