listening: a fine frenzy, almost lover
Oh, dear. When even members of my readership who aren't customarily officers of the Blog Police start leaving me Facebook posts about the length of time I have allowed to elapse between entries, perhaps it is time to devote a bit more time to my blog.
Hello, little blog!
Bah. Where have I been, since I was last here? This may proceed more quickly with the introduction of SECTIONS!
Vancouver
Craig and I undertook our unfortunately infrequent annual voyage to White Rock/South Surrey/Vancouver/Mayne Island from April 9-14. This is the longest chunk of time we've made it out there together since we've been together, and the longest for me since the first time I was there after first year, and it was a real treat to have the extra couple of days compared to last year when we were there for only four. Since I've started going to Vancouver every year, the actual amount of time elapsed between each annual trip has slid backwards - July '09, June '10, May '11 and now April '12. We're hoping to perhaps make it out again sometime THIS year instead of March '13. Thanksgiving would be nice.
ANYHOW! We went to the Lower Mainland. We had a list of Vancouvery things, only some of which we accomplished: we did not make it downtown at all this year, which kind of disappoints me - I love downtown Vancouver and I would really like to spend a sizeable chunk of time there sometime in the near future. We did, however: walk on the beach and the pier, see the White Rock, go to the turkey shop, take the ferry over to Mayne Island on the only rainy day of our whole vacation, see Anne's gardening project at Darts Hill, see John's electric railway cars and car barn, visit with Ian and Kseniya and Andrew and Amber, buy Craig some decent shoes, manage to hurt my ankle again, go for a run around Craig's old neighbourhood (these last two things are related), wander around the garden, play dominoes, see Tessa and manage to relax. I got to go out to Langley where Amber (closest thing the Sprung boys have to a sister) lives to do a Pinterest craft with Amber and Kseniya (Ian's girlfriend). We were hollowing out books to make secret-compartment-books. I intend to make mine flask-sized, in which to store the flask I am going to need to have handy to complete this project on my own. Weather was grand, especially considering the day we left Edmonton it snowed 25 centimetres. Pictures to follow on Facebook and for that you may harass Craig.
MY NIECE DONE TURNED ONE
As you are all undoubtedly aware, I have the cutest niece in the entire world. On 11 April she turned ONE!
I would like to include a cute first-birthday picture of her here but I have experienced some serious computer malfunctions lately and as such Craig has lent me his laptop to use until mine is repaired. He can afford to just lend his computer out willy-nilly as he has a fancy desktop. It is, I have been told, better for gaming.
We were lucky enough to have a whole ten (Craig actually eleven) days off for vacation and so we spent four of them, in total, in Calgary for Easter and to celebrate Adelynn's first birthday. It is so wonderful getting to spend time with her so often and to feel a part of her growing up. She really does remember us now when we get there and that is infinitely heartwarming. Some of her more recent tricks include "How big is Addie...SO BIG!", "Where's Addie's nose? Where's Mimi's nose? Where's Mommy's nose? Where's Auntie's nose?", blowing kisses, saying "uh-oh", waving bye-bye, doing assisted backflips, and clapping whenever somebody says "YAY!" Being able to see her more often and thus miss out on less of her amazing life is one of the chief perks of...
MOVING TO CALGARY
This will be happening over the July long weekend.
I started writing this section and I just can't get it digested and turned into words tonight. Thus it will follow. Probably not in another WHOLE MONTH but I shouldn't make blog promises.
-rae
Welcome
- 101 in 1001 (1)
- 5000 question survey (2)
- 53 days (1)
- a little sad (2)
- Adelynn (1)
- adventure (3)
- angry (1)
- anniversary (1)
- anxiety (2)
- autumn (1)
- baby (2)
- Barbados (1)
- bed (1)
- birthday (2)
- blogging (1)
- blogging under duress (2)
- books (1)
- boy (31)
- bridal party (1)
- broken brain (1)
- Calgary (5)
- Canada Day (1)
- car (3)
- chemistry (1)
- Christmas (3)
- church (1)
- cleaning (1)
- coffee (1)
- Coke (1)
- cold (3)
- Craig (1)
- dance (1)
- day by day (1)
- depression (1)
- disjointed (1)
- dog (1)
- domestic insanity (1)
- dummy (1)
- Edmonton (5)
- edumacation (1)
- engagement (1)
- events (1)
- exercise (1)
- fall (6)
- family (37)
- festivals (1)
- food (1)
- friends (48)
- gifts (1)
- gillian (1)
- God (1)
- goodbye (1)
- great head shave (1)
- gym (1)
- hair (1)
- Halifax (2)
- home (1)
- hospital (1)
- house (10)
- housesitting (1)
- illness (5)
- injury (2)
- introduction (1)
- laundry (2)
- lazy (1)
- love (8)
- memories (1)
- MIAW (2)
- Mimsy Peppercorn (1)
- miracle (1)
- Montreal (2)
- moving (10)
- mucous (1)
- music (2)
- music is a weapon (7)
- new room (1)
- nostalgia (1)
- pajama pants (1)
- picking up the pieces (1)
- poetry (2)
- rae (6)
- roommates (2)
- sad (3)
- savannah (4)
- schedule (1)
- school (3)
- sentimental (1)
- shopping (1)
- short blog (1)
- sleep (2)
- snow (1)
- spring (2)
- still a blog (1)
- stress (1)
- summer (9)
- team tiger blood (1)
- THAT BABY (1)
- the letter project (3)
- travel (3)
- twenty (1)
- vacation (6)
- VANCOUVER (3)
- Vegas (1)
- Victoria (1)
- weather (1)
- wedding (1)
- weekend (1)
- whining (1)
- winter (5)
- words (1)
- work (17)
- writing (9)
- year in review (2)
- zumba (2)
Followers
About Me
Powered by Blogger.
Licensed

This work by Rachel S. Lemke is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment