Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Thursday, December 22, 2011

see it all through a telescope; guitar, suitcase and a warm coat.

Posted by rachel shea

listening: the weepies, gotta have you

1. Did you keep your NY Resolutions, and will you make more for the new year?
I did not keep my new year's resolutions and I always make more. This never changes.

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
DID she! (Yes. She did). My sister gave birth to Adelynn Ruth on 11 April 2011, early in the morning, thus ensuring her auntie got no sleep at all sitting by the phone. That's Auntie's girl.

3. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

4. What countries did you visit?
Another Canada-bound year.

5. What would you like to have in 2012 that you didn't have in 2011?
Money and peace of mind.

6. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Going from "I hate my job and want to die" to being able to find a lot of things that I actually really like about it. I would say Leah and I are good friends now and that makes it infinitely more bearable.
Another good one would be completing 20000 words of my first novel. That's the most I've ever written on one project.
I also became a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant!

7. What was your biggest failure?
I prefer to say 'learning experiences'.
I could say the same thing I did last year, though - I let people down. (I hate letting people down).
I could also say WJ.

8. What was the best thing you bought?
Deepak Winfrey Cleo, the Phantom of the Optra.

9. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My family's.

10. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Depended on the day. Sometimes my own.

11. Where did most of your money go?
Rent and food and my new car!

12. What did you get really excited about?
My niece. My new car. WJ. The Christmas present I have yet to open and for which Craig is really lousy at dropping hints.

13. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Four Night Rider - The Rural Alberta Advantage
Hey Dynasty, Don't Forget - audio/rocketry
Never Let Me Go - Florence + the Machine
Someone Like You - Adele

14. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
About the same. Depends on the day.

15. Thinner or fatter?
Oof, so much fatter.

16. Richer or poorer?
Actually richer, in more ways than one.

17. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing, music. Sleeping.

18. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying.

19. How did you spend Christmas?
I will be spending Christmas in Sherwood Park with my Extendifam and Craigory.

20. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I stayed in love in 2011.

21. What was your favourite TV program?
Community and How I Met Your Mother

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate at this time last year?
I'm really, really over hate. I don't have time for it.

23. What was your favourite book?
Trying to pick a book that I haven't read before 2011 - although The Time Traveler's Wife is still my favourite of all time.
I really enjoyed the beginning of the Wheel of Time series. I'm looking forward to finishing that in 2012. I also loved Game Change, Her Fearful Symmetry, As Always, Julia; and some others.

24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
8tracks.com!

25. What did you want and get?
Phanny the Car.

26. What did you want and not get?
WJ.

27. What were your favourite films of this year?
Bridesmaids, HP7B, Contagion

28. What did you do on your birthday?
My lovely friends and I went out for dinner and to The Rack for my birthday. Then I went home and watched the Royal Wedding.

29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Evolved slightly more feminine.

30. Who kept you sane?
Craig.

31. Which celebrity or public figure did you fancy the most?
Jon Stewart. Hell-o!

32. What political issue stirred you the most?
I guess in terms of 'actually doing something about it' it would be Alison Redford's run for the leadership of the Alberta PC party. Other than that, I can work up a good righteous indignation about most things if I try hard enough.

33. Who did you miss?
Fambly, mostly. KeesMorganElliot.

34. What dates from 2011 will forever remain etched on your memory?
11 February. 11 April.

35. What's a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011?
Illegitimi non carborundum.

36. Quote a song that sums up your year.
No amount of coffee, no amount of crying
No amount of whiskey, no amount of wine
No...nothing else will do
I've gotta have you
I've gotta have you
(The Weepies, Gotta Have You)

0 comments:

Post a Comment