listening: florence and the machine, shake it out
Someone please tell me if there's a culture somewhere whose New Year is our October. October Resolutions sounds like October Revolution and I'm not feeling quite that fighty.
I actually only have one October Resolution, although I am also writing this blog to announce that I'm going to give 101 in 1001 another go. (I will get to that in a minute). My #1, super-important grown-up OR is as follows: Start getting up more than ten minutes before I have to leave for work.
I hope everyone realises how really, really hard this will be.
I have a system that works fairly well - snooze my alarm from six until seven-twelve (eight until nine-twelve on late days!), and then get up and panic. There's nothing like a healthy shot of adrenaline to start your day off right. (Yes, there is. Coffee. But when you get up ten minutes before you have to leave you don't have time for such indulgences).
I do not like getting up early, probably partially because I do not like going to bed early. I have been trying to do better about this over the last year, but I am naturally a night owl and I live with people who pull all-nighters and things are just better after nine o'clock at night!
I am not really sure why I am trying to do this except that I'm aware that leaving the house in a blind panic every morning is not good for my anxiety levels.
Now on to 101 in 1001 - on the last day of my last 101 in 1001, I went over the list and it was a bit disheartening - but I actually unconsciously must have internalised some of the things I wanted to do, or just wrote a very honest list, because I accomplished some of those things without remembering they were on the list. I am starting to write my new list tonight and will direct you over to twopointsevenfive.blogspot.com starting the 21 October for 101 in 1001 Part Two.
(Yes, Steph, one of the things on that list will be BLAHG MORE).
-rae





1 comments:
1. There are several cultures that do New Year-sy things in October! (http://tiny.cc/2swmm)
2. This waking-up business has been a problem of mine for YEARS. I'm going to try jumping on the bandwagon for this particular resolution.
3. I'm so excited that you're going to BLAHG MORE! Kind of means I need a new blog, though. Hm.
Post a Comment