Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Tuesday, April 12, 2011

a million dreams on the street

Posted by rachel shea

listening - the trews, burned


My whole last two days have been about my beautiful new (first!) niece.
Her party-girl ways mean that I got no REM sleep on Monday night, but her beautiful, intelligent, expressive little self is totally worth it. I was going to wait to write about her until I get to meet her in person, but as I said: the last two days have been about looking at her sweet face in the approximately thirty pictures that have popped up on Facebook. I cannot wait to hold that little pink glow worm (and hand her back to her mother when she poops). I talk about her all the time and keep showing her picture off and find any opportunity to talk about my baby niece. Craig took my computer away from me last night because he was afraid looking at her picture for so long was inspiring my kidnapping habits.
Craig and I are planning to beetle down to Calgary on Friday evening and hang out for the weekend - apparently, along with a contingent of Edmonton-area family from both sides. I'm going to take pictures and snuggle the crap out of that kid. (Also sit in the hot tub, but probably not with the baby unless I can wear her as a hat).
Having the fact of her existence around makes a lot of things a lot easier. I love her already. I can't wait to see her life.

Welcome to the world, baby girl.
Adelynn Ruth - 11 April 2011.

-rae

1 comments:

Chuck said...

Beetle! I think we've found a good nickname for her.

Post a Comment