Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Monday, December 27, 2010

we made it: looking our worst, feeling our best

Posted by rachel shea

listening: hallelujah halifax!, audio/rocketry

you gotta let me in, the trews

Christmas Eve and Day themselves were a whirlwind.
I woke up early, early, early on Friday morning even though I didn't have to work, did some laundry, watered the plants, tidied up the house some, and then laid around on the couch (pulled out because lounging is much easier that way) reading and napping until I realised it was 1:30 and I had to leave in an hour for the West End. Craig was getting off work at three and our goal was to have ourselves in the pews at church in Calgary at six.
We made it - 6:02 - leaving a blue streak of cursing in Marie-Antoinette's wake not to mention some rubber and disregard for speed laws. Thank goodness the sheriffs seemed to be in short supply.
(Brett is sticking keys into my back trying to make me write faster. It is not helping).
We sang carols at the top of our lungs at church and then came back to celebrate German Christmas (which basically just means opening presents a day early. I'm not sure what it has to do with Germany, but my dad was extra happy). It was good fun with a good haul :) I got a new straightener, a KINDLE!, a lovely pashmina and Olympic mittens from my brother, a heating pad for the World's Coldest Bedroom, and some other assorted treats.
(Aside: "Wow, everything I have is the World's Something. Nothing is just normal." "The World's Most Mediocre Car?" "DO YOU WANT TO WALK TO EDMONTON!?" "It's all right, I'll just have my sweat soaked up by the veloooooour." Thanks, Brett).
On Christmas Day we opened our stockings, which were a festival of T&T purchased products with funny names, and then ate a delicious prime-rib-new-tradition dinner and then played four games of Risk after sending Craig home on the bus. No Boxing Day fun for him.
I got to see Jenny and Sam today which was also awesome - coffee with Jenny and lunch with Sam. Tomorrow Brett and I are off again to Edmonton for a few days before returning for New Year's!
(There, everyone, are you happy?! BLAHG.)

-rae


1 comments:

Shauna said...

Thank you for blogging - I truly enjoy reading them. Happy that you like the gifts especially the ones to help keep the cold at bay in the worlds coldest bedroom!! Don't forget to take your slippers home.

Post a Comment