listening: dala, sunday dress
The only way it's bearable to be in my room right now is wearing the world's most enormous wool sweater (which I believe was at one point Craig's, but has become mine since I have now moved it between three houses) snuggled under two blankets and periodically sitting on my hands for warmth. It is going to be a looooong winter at this rate.
I braved the -19 weather today to drive first to the north side in Marie-Antoinette and then traipse along as third-wheel to Clarissa and Kyle out to Ardrossan, where we attended service at St. John's Lutheran and then were invited first to Kyle's grandparents' for a delicious soup-and-sandwich spread and general good-time extravaganza and then to Kyle's friend Kailey's in order for him to put the winter tires on her car. Her lovely mother made Clarissa and I hot chocolate and sat in the toasty kitchen with us while we whined about how we could not feel our feet. The heating in Kyle's Sentra? Not so awesome.
From there, Kyle ferried us back to Clarissa's where she and I grabbed M-A and headed over to West Ed to kill a couple hours before I needed to pick Craig up from work. I had a good day with them - only felt third-wheely a little, and was very much welcomed by the Ardrossan clan and really enjoyed myself. Every time I stepped outside, though, the cold took my breath away. I have been saying since September that I was not just 'not looking forward to winter', I was more so 'dreading it on a visceral, deep, nearly primal level.' Someone take me to Phoenix!
-rae





1 comments:
I'm not sure if Fawkes is willing to follow you around...
oops, wrong Pheonix!
Post a Comment