Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Sunday, August 8, 2010

your smile could keep me for a while

Posted by rachel shea

listening: julia bentley and andrew gunadie, get away


I am sitting in my house.
I am, to be perfectly frank, sitting and avoiding unpacking my house.
This open house that I told Auntie I would have on Sunday has given me a deadline, at least.
I'm alone tonight - and for the next little while, actually - and it has been such a long time since I have been totally alone for such a long stretch of time. It's been a long time since I went grocery shopping like I did today - rounding all the prices up to account for tax, murmuring as I walk through the aisles, coming in three dollars under budget. It's been a long time since I haven't heard kids' feet as soon as I wake up. I kind of miss that.
I am not lonely tonight, but I am feeling introspective. Moving was an exhausting experience, and I am glad to have some time to decompress and write and wonder where my contact solution is at.
Trying to find something I can rework for the poetry blog.
Sorry Brett. I just can't get my head around an Epic Moving Post just yet.

-rae

0 comments:

Post a Comment