Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Friday, July 9, 2010

to know that you feel the same as I do is a threefold utopian dream

Posted by rachel shea

listening: incubus, i miss you


Well, you should all count your blessings you weren't wandering around THIS particular neighbourhood of the Park for the last half hour, because boy oh boy would you have gotten a show!
Let me begin by saying that it is not my normal routine to get out of bed at eleven, grope for my glasses, grab the first clothes I can find, put my Vans on, throw my sweaty, nasty hair into a bun, and take the dog for a walk. Especially after two intense thunderstorms.
It is even less my routine to have one of those articles of clothing be the bar shirt that Savannah gave me last week, which I took even though it is too big in the chest. Incidentally, Savannah gave it to me because it was too small in the chest. (...sigh).
It is, however, my routine to make a spectacle of myself.
I was taking the dog on the leash because of the aforementioned intense thunderstorms, because the last time I just let him out after it rained he rolled in the mud and I was just not in the mood to bathe a squirming terrier this evening. I couldn't listen to him jump up and down off the bed anymore and clearly it was time for a distraction.
However, the leash to Everest does not mean a leisurely stroll around the backyard. It means a walk. So a walk was had.
Too-big capris, too-big shoes, too-big-in-the-top-but-really-not-meant-to-be-worn-anywhere-but-the-bar-tight in the torso shirt, glasses, 29-degree heat hair, and the world's most excited and damp terrier. Because it has not fully stopped raining yet.
No wonder those drunk 16-year-olds cat-called me. I am hot.
Of course, when we came back damp, dirty (in Everest's case) and sweaty and exasperated (not to mention embarrassed - somehow we ended up on the main drag in this part of the Park - in my case) the cat got out and Everest was a filthy mess. If he thinks he's sleeping on this bed he has another think coming.
I have to go open the soft cat food and try to lure Kodiak back in here now.
I have to get up at 7:30.

Love your favourite hot mess,

-rae

0 comments:

Post a Comment