listening: christina perri, jar of hearts
I am only ever calling my brother toots from now on. He has inspired me with his resurrection of the exclamatory term aces!, and I am taking it to its logical conclusion.
My brother is linguistically gifted. He is faster on his feet than almost anyone I know. His nicknames live in legend and I read his blog every day. When he writes in it. Hint hint, brother-if-that's-your-real-name!
I started this post a couple days ago and didn't finish it because I got a Skype call, so here is its conclusion. I am a little sulky this morning because I was supposed to get my hair done and instead I got distracted by my cousin's party last night, went to bed super late and subconsciously closed my computer when my alarm went off this morning. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have any more time in the next eleven days to get it done either, so I'm coming to terms with its moplike qualities and skunky underside. (Skunky in the sense that it is unevenly coloured, not that it smells. Personal hygiene never takes a holiday!) The whole time I was on Mayne, I wore my hair in a ponytail on account of the no-running-water. (I will admit that after that, my hair was skunky in all sorts of ways). We were in the sun for four straight days and the sides of my head actually bleached right out. I have some pleasing blonde highlights in my bangs now, but the underside of my head just looks strange.
Sigh. Maybe I'll just cut my bangs and call it a day.
-rae





0 comments:
Post a Comment